Participate in My Nonsense

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Bookie's Most Outrageous Moments #1

In no particular order...

Van Halen From the Bell Tower
A sophomore at Baptist Bible College, I was asked to play my keyboard for the freshman in the bell tower of the main building. While I was setting up, I was encouraged to play something to test out the equipment. So, I turned up my amp about halfway and proceeded to play Jump by Van Halen. During my performance, the incoming freshmen were sitting around the grounds of the campus talking about the rules of dorm living and specifically the music policy. My amp is roughly the size of a small automobile and has enough power, evidently, to project the sweet sounds of Van Halen into every dorm room around campus (so I'm told). I walked away with a "point" and a long-lasting reputation of being "the guy who played Van Halen from the bell tower."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home