Participate in My Nonsense

Monday, August 01, 2005

Promises, promises

If you want to gain credibility as a politician, entertainer, or some other public figure, it's probably not a good idea to make a conditional promise in which the outcome could result in a major life change or the act of self sacrifice. For example, Alec Baldwin stated that he would move to France if George W. Bush was elected president for a second term. In the news recently, columnist Helen Thomas said, "The day Dick Cheney is going to run for president, I'll kill myself."

I'm not saying Alec and Helen should follow through with these claims but if you're going to be so pompous and arrogant at least promise something reasonable and follow through with it.

Alec Baldwin: If George W. Bush is elected, I'll stuff my clothes full of marshmallows and sit in a sauna for 30 minutes.

Helen Thomas: The day Dick Cheney is going to run for president, I'll shave my head and parade around Washington dressed as a punk rocker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home