Participate in My Nonsense

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Flooded Findlay

Most likely if you've seen the news over the last few days, you'll know the midwest has been pounded with rain recently. Findlay, OH has been in the spotlight because of the Blanchard River overflowing its banks covering much of the town in feet of water. Downtown Findlay, in addition to many residential areas, was deeply impacted by the floods crippling businesses, displacing residents, and ruining property.

I work in downtown Findlay. In fact, the company I work for sits less than a block off Main St and 2 1/2 blocks south of the river. A couple times a week, I eat my lunch at the river. Fortunately, our building was spared much destruction because our first floor is several feet above street level but our basement completely flooded.

Yesterday, since the city was shut down and you couldn't even get to our building, many of us worked from home. Today, however, we were able to make it in because the waters receded, leaving the city dirty and muddy... kinda like Scranton.

Findlay's a really nice town and I love the people I've gotten to know there so it's sad to see people I work with who have lost everything as a result of the flood. Here are a couple pics for your enjoyment.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home