Participate in My Nonsense

Friday, June 06, 2003

My Psycho-Social Wresling Match

Part of my quest for Subliminal Man involves a tag-team wrestling match between my creativity and being extroverted vs. by logic and being introverted. It's been like one of those matches with Hulk Hogan where he gets the crap beat out of him until you think he's going to fall flat on his face. But wait! Hulk suddenly starts to shake, his eyes glaze just a bit, and a rush of adrenaline pulls him out of his a$$-whoopin' as he begins to pummel his foe. Of course, we never saw that one coming… every time.

So, my creativity and somewhat outgoing personality are starting to emerge after years of being slapped around. The frustrating thing about it is the thought of friends I didn't make and fun times I didn't have. For some reason, the following lyrics (from one of the greatest songs in the world) seem appropriate (although not in context at all):

Love, I don't like to see so much pain
so much wasted and this moment keeps slipping away
I get so tired of working so hard for out survival
I look to the time with you to keep me awake and alive
And all my instincts, they return
and the grand facade, so soon will burn
without a noise, without my pride
I reach out from the inside

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home