Participate in My Nonsense

Thursday, June 26, 2003

Pop Quiz, Part Deux

Your elderly, reclusive, lonely neighbor who has the reputation for being a terrible driver (manifested by the dents and scrapes on the sides of her car as well as the duct tape holding her bumper together) drives onto my lawn within inches of hitting my house and takes out part of a bush. The only reason the entire bush wasn't pronounced dead at the scene was because my wife got her attention and was able to stop her.

I will give her a little leeway because her driveway is very long and narrow and probably pretty hard to navigate when you are old and a terrible driver. However, on another occasion she attempted a similar stunt and backed up into my grill and almost took out my back porch. If I were to show you the crime scene you'd understand that for this to happen she would have had to make a 90 degree turn immediately while backing up. Thankfully, my grill did not sustain any injuries.

I'm convinced that someday she's going to hit my house. It's going to happen. It's inevitable. I'm not so much worried about that as the possibility that she might back over a small child or hurt herself somehow.

What do you do? Call the police and inform them that this lady, whom they probably already know about and have had contact with, is a serious danger or do I call her and talk to her personally and tell her she shouldn't be driving?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home