Participate in My Nonsense

Thursday, June 26, 2003

Proverbs 15:1

A gentle response turns away anger, but a harsh word stirs up wrath.

I've recently realized the reason why God allowed Solomon to write these words and included them in the Bible. By the way, if you haven't read "Pop Quiz, Part Deux", do it.

I had two instances this week where I was extremely angry. One was a situation (Part Deux) and the other was a message board conversation. In each situation, I could have responded very unfavorably. I could have reined blows of unkind words but made some enemies in the process. One thing I've learned is that enemies could cause you much grief, especially if one is your neighbor.

So, I bit my tongue and responded with gentle words and everything worked out great. I hate to think what might have happened had I responded with harsh words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home