Participate in My Nonsense

Thursday, March 18, 2004

St. Patrick's Day

Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Great Pumpkin, the Hanukkah Armadillo, the Tooth Fairy. Now I have to deal with the St. Patrick's Day Leprechaun? What's up with that?! I'd heard of leprechauns before in reference to St. Patty's day and Lucky Charms but now it seems like I have to accommodate him for a holiday. I turned 30 years old this year and I've NEVER heard of any diminutive green creatures visiting my house unnoticed leaving presents and spreading holiday joy on March 17th each year. I recently heard about two families doing this in their own homes and celebrating St. Patrick's Day with a visit from the Leprechaun. Something doesn't sound right here. I mean, how many mythical beings do kids need in their lives sneaking into their houses leaving presents, hiding eggs, buying teeth, and spreading cheer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home