Participate in My Nonsense

Thursday, May 06, 2004

No more free lunches

Alas, today is the last day of free lunches until the students return in August. It will be tough but I think I'll make it through.

Things I'll miss not eating at the campus cafeteria for the summer...

...not having to spend money on lunch
...passing up grilled cheese for a salad and a sandwich
...having an excuse to get away from my desk for an hour or so
...flaunting the fact that I'm not wearing a tie
...finding opportunities to show my tattoo
...watching people scrape pieces of waffle out of the waffle maker because they can't figure out how the thing works
...passing up a weird casserole for a salad and a bowl of soup
...walking through 18 inches of snow in March in order to eat questionable food
...eight flavors of ice cream and twelve different cereals
...Andrew G. yelling, "BOOK!"
...discussions about vasectomies
...passing up stir fry for a bowl of soup and a sandwich
...writing or putting things on Scott's car on the way to lunch
...turning a simple plate of french fries into a culinary masterpiece
...not having to wonder if it's veal or chicken
...trying to make people laugh at my joke about smiley fries/decapotatoes
...watching today's ham become tomorrow's ham and potato casserole
...watching today's ham and potato casserole become tomorrow's ham and potato soup
...watching today's ham and potato soup become tomorrow's potato and cheese soup once all the ham is gone and they add cheese

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home