Participate in My Nonsense

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Busy November

Things have been a little crazy, busy, and not normal for the past week or so. Even though I just said it, I really despise that cliche because everyone says that and it has almost completely lost its meaning. "Oh, I'm SO busy! Life is crazy right now." Yeah, so what. Like I haven't heard that one before.

Seriously, though, I try to keep my life's schedule fairly manageable which I'm sure goes against the grain of society and files in the face of what we think of "success." Some people put their busy and crazy lives on display like a trophy. They jokingly complain about it but inwardly they feel elevated and proud of all the things they are doing and accomplishing (or trying to do and accomplish). As for me, I don't buy into that mentality. As I said, I like to keep things manageable and I don't think I'm sinning against the laws of nature and mankind for doing so.

I have a family with whom I like to spend time. I may not be actively engaging in every activity each one is doing but I think it's important for me be there interacting with them and not being preoccupied by a project or something else that requires my attention all the time. Also, I have a family who also has their own interests and obligations. Between church, birthday parties, friends, school, and work, four people can fill up a schedule pretty quickly. If any one member has a full schedule, that impacts the rest of the family. I have my obligations but I try not to do too many things so we can have some flexibility. We can have a week like this and can get back into the family groove without much bloodshed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home