Participate in My Nonsense

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Various Notes and Thoughts

From time to time you may see comments from spambots appear in some of my posts. Blogger has provided a way to prevent those from happening through using a system whereby a commenter must type in a series of letters and numbers that shows up within a graphic that spambots can't read. This ensures that the commenter is indeed a human being instead of a piece of software evangelizing the blogosphere. I've decided, for now, that I'd rather make it a little easier for you peeps to comment and remove the garbage myself. That's my gift to you.

I have almost ten posts saved as drafts that I haven't finished. Some of them are stupid and I'd be embarrassed to show them to anyone.

Some people I work with are not respecting my suggestions. That grieves my soul and pains my butt.

I got on the scale yesterday and I weigh about 5-10 lbs. more than what I thought. I guess I'm not doing very well at this.

I had a thought today about using spiritual gifts and talents/abilities in the church. The way I'm currently serving in the church has more to do with the talents and abilities I've developed and very little to do with my spiritual giftedness. Should I/people be involved in the church based on spiritual gifts or personal abilities? (Some would say there is a fine line between the two or they could be one in the same.) For example, maybe God built into Pete the gift of evangelism but he's well-trained in mixing sound. Pete's involved in that area of the church but not in evangelism. What should Pete do?

Please, don't forget to contribute to my writing project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home