Participate in My Nonsense

Sunday, October 12, 2003

I Love the 80s? Not so much

I grew up in the 80s. Most of it was pretty cool. Of course, growing up in the 80s you don't really know any different so you think everything is normal. Hair styles. Clothing. Music. Slang. Most of the people I've talked to who also grew up in the 80s laugh about the things they wore or they way they wore their hair but I think they secretly think it's still cool… and that they were cool.

I still love most of the music and listen to it from time to time and look back to the culture of my childhood and teenage years positively. However, I'm sitting here watching some 80s videos on VH1C (because they forgot to actually play videos on the regular VH1 so they had to create a brand new station) and laughing because of some of the ridiculous things I'm seeing. I mean if I wore my hair like those guys did right now (if I had enough hair to manipulate in that way) I'd either get the crap beat out of me or people would think I was gay… or both.

Note to self: if I ever become a professional musician and perform in front of a large audience, remember that musician choreography is so uncool. It wasn't cool when Warrant and Gloria Estefan did it and it's not cool now.

By the way, I'm glad I sold my keyboard that you wore like a guitar. I should probably stop telling people I used to own one of those. I don't appreciate the laughing and the pointing. At least I was able to use the money I got from selling my so-80s keyboard and buy my so-cool 5 string bass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home